Saturday, October 17, 2009

Sweet potato fries

I love sweet potatoes. I especially like sweet potato fries. They are some of my favorite things, and they are better for you than regular fries. Here's how I like to make them:

Wash and peel several sweet potatoes (I alternate between using a knife and a peeler). Then, slice the potatoes into fry-like pieces using a knife or fry cutter (Pampered Chef's fry cutter works really well for this). Next, soak the fries in cold salt water for anywhere from 5 to 20 minutes. Line a cookie sheet with foil, grease it, and arrange the fries so they don't touch each other. Use a basting brush to spread extra-virgin olive oil on the fries, then shake some salt and pepper on them. It is best to use a convection oven as the fries won't be crispy otherwise. Set the convection oven to 425 and bake for 10-15 minutes; turn over and bake for another 10-15 minutes. Enjoy!

1 comment: